Author: Robert Lampros
Type: Religious Fiction, Young Adult
Rating: 4 stars
Afternoon is a novella for young adults about courage, faith in Jesus Christ, and growing up in a surreal and challenging world.
It’s been a while since I’ve read religious YA fiction, and I couldn’t ask for a better reintroduction to the genre. I usually don’t read these types of books, but this Afternoon made me want to read more! Just to tell you folks, if this genre isn’t really your cup of tea, go ahead and read this. You won’t regret it, I’m sure.
So what exactly did I enjoy about this book? There are many things, but the main reasons are:
- The writing was clear, I loved how the sentences were constructed.
- The topic, and how the author writes about it. The main character’s meeting with Jesus was somehow relatable to me, since I’ve imagined meeting Him in a field of flowers too.
- The storytelling was vivid, and you could easily relate to the events in the book.
- The writing was soothing, and you feel like cheering the main protagonist on throughout the whole book.
- I love how the writing tells us about the character’s love for God. It was heartfelt, and what the character tells Him when praying is really touching.